pasar malam

well, dad's officially off to NZ to see mum last night

leaving me and my sister back home alone...

 

well, since have to take my sister to tuition last night...

so, I decided to got to the night market as well since it's near...

but, going to the night market alone seems to be the most sohai thing to do...

so, I asked my grandies to tag along instead...

 

well, when I reach my grandie's house, it's pitch black...

reason : no electricity

dose this still happen in Malacca?

well, it seemed that the cable caught fire or something...

hoping that the power would be restored when we come home, we leave for pasar malam...

 

this pasar malam is at kampung lapan (where my old house is)

I used to go to the night market very often when staying there since getting to the night market from there is just to walk down the stairs...

 

and since we have moved to a better house, I seldom have any chance to go there anymore...

the last time I went there was with Ronald, my best pal... he know how much I missed that place...and one funny thing is, he actually stayed there (next block) while he was young too!!! and we did not know each other until we are in form 3! coincidence!!

 

well, back to pasar malam...

being back to the area reminds me quite something...

just the feel itself is different...

alright, cut the crap...

 

there are so many things over there!

and FYI, it's one of the most popular pasar malam in Malacca! (izzit?)

 

the sell things from

DSC04254

fruits~

 

DSC04257

to vegetables~

 

DSC04255

to dried herbs~

 

DSC04263

fish!!!

 

DSC04266

yong tau fu (uncooked)

 

DSC04268

and food!!!! (my main objective there)

 

well, lets show you some food~~

hwala!!!

 

DSC04259

fried oyster (ohr jian) ---> frying

 

DSC04265

fried carrot cake (chai tau khe)

 

DSC04267

some dim sums....

 

well, after about a hour's walk...

we decided to go back partly because it started to drizzle...

 

 

and much to our (grandies and I) dismay, the power hasn't been restored...

so, no pictures of food for you all...

I tried ok!!!

but all pics turned out to be pitch black even with the aid of oil lamp...

 

dun believe?

DSC04276

this is where and how we had out dinner...

so, how am I supposed to take a pic? (okok, I am disappointed too)

 

DSC04274 oil lamp~

 

ok, this is my post for now...

my sincere apologies for not having more pix of the food...

Comments